Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Show and Tell - Wearable Emerald Eye Makeup Look

Today I was just experimenting with my different bits of makeup, and decided to experiment with an Illamasqua Pure Pigment in the Shade 'Conquer' that I received in my Glossybox, which is an emerald green shade.




This is such a pretty shade, but sometimes it can be daunting to wear a green especially for those who prefer neutral eyeshadow's. However, if applied with a light hand and blended out with other neutral shadows, this pigment looks lovely and not bright or bold. If you prefer a more bolder look, then by all means you can deepen the green. However, I went for a more neutral and wearable eyeshadow look using this pigment. 

Other than the above pigment, I used neutral eyeshadow's from the Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Palette. 

The Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Limited Edition eyeshadow palette. 




The colour's I used in the palette are: Mushroom, Drink Me, Eat Me and Mad Hatter



The Emerald Eye Makeup Look. 



Apply Urban Decay Primer Potion all over the lid. 

(1) - Apply 'Drink Me, Eat Me' to the inner corner of the eye using a flat shader brush. 
(2) - Apply 'Mushroom' next to 'Drink Me, Eat Me', and blend into the crease, using a blending brush. 
(3) - Lighty pat the Illamasqua Pure Pigment in 'Conquer' on the middle of the eyelid to the outer corner using a flat shader brush. 
(4) - Using a flat shader brush, create a 'V' on the outer corner of the eyelid using the eyeshadow 'Mad Hatter'. Then blend this colour into the crease by using a blending brush. 
(5) - Apply a highlighter shade of your choice on your brow bone. I picked MAC 'Femme-Fi'. 
Apply 'Mad Hatter' to the lower lash line. Apply Liquid Eyeliner, curl your eyelashes and apply a Mascara of your choice. 


The Tools or makeup bits I used to achieve the look: 


(6) - Collection 2000 Extreme 24Hr Felt Tip Eyeliner 'Black'
(7) - Apply Mascara after curling eyelashes. I used Maybelline The Falsies in Waterproof
(8) - No 7 Eyelash curler 
(9) - MAC eyeshadow as a highlighter in 'Femme-Fi'


(10) - Urban Decay Primer Potion
(11) - Bourjois Flat Shader Brush
(12) -  MAC 224 - I used this to apply the highlighter on my brow bone
(13) - MAC 217 blending brush - I used this to blend and apply colour's to the crease


There you have it! Using an emerald green in a more wearable way with other neutral colours. Experiment, use any bold or non-neutral colours with neutral shades for a nice smokey eye that is as wearable as any neutral eye. 

Get Creative !

Khaddy xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Nice look!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eye make-up looks amazing, green shades definitely compliment brown eyes :)
    Is the urban decay eye primer good? I've been considering buying it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-You Zoe :) The Urban Decay Primer Potion is really good stuff! makes my eyeshadows last all day and makes them appear more vibrant :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greens are probably my favourite eye colour. This looks gorgeous! & i'm totally jealous of that palette! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you Katie :) .. I wish the Urban Decay palette wasn't limited edition mehh! They would have made good gifts xx

    ReplyDelete