Wednesday, 7 September 2011

A Collection 2000 Khol Eyeliner Purchase and Review

Whilst me and my friend Zoe were shopping and spending some quality time, she advised me to purchase the new Collection 2000 Intense Colour Supersoft Khol eyeliner pencil in the shade 'black magic', which was a deep black shade. I was excited to try one as Zoe's eyeliner just looked fab and wanted to copy her, as friends do hehe! 



After testing the eyeliner the next day, I noticed it stayed on all day which was brill! It is really pigmented due to the intense and rich pigments in this khol pencil. It is also really smooth and soft and can be easily applied, without dragging across the eye! The Collection 2000 website does state that it can be smudged out easy, which provides a smokey effect. This brings me to my only issue with this product, it did smudge a little at the outer corners of my eyes, which could have been to due to rain but also as the product can easily be smudged!

Rating: 3.5/5 

This eyeliner is pretty amazing stuff, inexpensive (£1.99) and lasts all day! It comes in a variety of shades and of course it is waterline safe as it is a khol pencil. The only reservation I have, and the reason why it scored the above rating is because it smudged a little on the outer corners of my eyes. This could have been due to external factors rather than the product itself. 

What is your favourite Khol pencil? Leave your comments down below :)

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Lovely review!

    I like Barry M's Bold Waterproof Eyeliner. It's relatively new and is by far the best pigmented eyeliner pencil I have owned, bearing in mind that I've owned Mac's Smolder Eyeliner Pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing a review on this kohl pencil, might check it out tomorrow, lol

    One of my FAVOURITE eye pencils used to be this mineral one that I got off those organic chemical free websites, sadly the name rubbed off so I can't remember, but it was very black!.. but then my mum purchased two of the "bourjois kohl and contour eyeliner" in Ultra Black and I just had to have the other one =p

    Using this, I have not turned back on any other eyeliner since, this eyeliner last AGES both in the long term and on the eyes!, Its been over a year and a half and I still have the same pencil, it's about halfway gone. Plus I wear this eyeliner almost everyday so that says a lot. I have a back up because it seems to always be out of stock at my local boots and never available at my local superdrugs.

    Trust me when I say it is the BLACKEST BLACK and never seems to smudge on me, however I do jus set it with a thin line of liquid liner under my eyes when worn.
    The eyeliner's under a fiver so it doesn't break the bank for me =p x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Northern Lights - Ohh I shall be checking the Barry M one out next time I head to Boots/Superdrug. Thanks for the suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh yhh Maymoonah, you're right! That mineral eyeliner was sooo pigmented, it was unbelievable, especially given that it's a vegan brand.

    The company's called ZuZu Luxe which is owned by Gabriel Cosmetics Inc (incase you're interested)

    http://www.gabrielcosmeticsinc.com/

    I love all natural companies that deliver excellent products. I also like the fact that they're vegan so I don't have to worry about haraam ingredients lol.

    P.s. I'm Maymoonah's twin, that's how I knew what she was referring to in regards to the mineral eyeliner.

    I should also edit my 1st comment coz I've changed my mind. The Zuzu Luxe eyeliner pencil in black is by far the best eyeliner I have ever purchased. However, because it is an american brand I had to order it from America, and thus incurred customs tax (Grr :@) which made me furious! and thus I stopped ordering the eyeliner.

    Nonetheless, if I ever make any American Friends or decide to move to America, I will definately purchase the Zuzu Luxe eyeliner pencil :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maymoonah - Thank you for the suggestion :) I shall sure be checking out this eyeliner! Seems pretty awesome and the 'blackest black' .. woow girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Northern Lights - If I ever go globe trotting and visit America I shall pick this up :) Custom charges can be a pain! x

    ReplyDelete